The college Library of has been well equipped with the latest communication media and information technologies like web-based information, CD Rom database search, OPAC, internet browsing as it is well connected through GNPGC. This library has become a HUB connected on LAN with all automated centralized facilities and acting as a nodal center for disseminating all kind of Science information to its users. The library is linked with various consortiums for online journals and theses repository. College library maintains around sixth thousand collections of books, reference book, reports, theses, monograph, back volumes, journals, CD ROM Database, e-resources etc. Library subscribes >250 journals in physical and/or in electronic forms.
Internet Connectivity: Whole library is facilitating through WI-FY for internet browsing.
The library offers a wide range of services from references to the electronic information services by ensuring appropriate services to the academic community. And Lends facilities on a regular basis. The library provides the following basic services: -
1. Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) :- Library book catalogue is available in online form, which is a systematically records of the holding collection to find the physical location of information for easier to search on SOUL 2.0 .The Library book catalogue are Author-based, Subject, title- based searching and other advanced aided search facilities are characterized under OPAC. Available on the online form which systematically record the holding/collection to find out the physical location of information for the govtsciencecollegelibrary.com.
Online Public Access Aatalogues (opac)
libsys and SOUL OPAC. http://igkvkohaopac.firstray.in/
2. Reference & Information Services: - Reference service: long range and ready reference services provide to the users.
3. Reading Room Services: -More than 80 students has read in the reading room along with new arrival books, newspapers, competitive books, health and sports magazines and research Journals and play vital roles to boost students and lead to groom them to the present sc enario of competition and communication.
4. Reprography: - Photocopy service is available to the users for Rs 1.00 per page. It is the facility for reproduction of documents with printing and microfilming.
5. Library Users: - More than 3,000 users including the UG/PG/Research sculler students, teaching and Non-teaching Staff are benefitted.
6. Book Bank Scheme: - The text book/book bank scheme is facilitated and the SC, ST and BPL Students are benefited. this scheme SC/ST/BPL students are given prescribed text books.
7. Orientation Programmed:- The orientation program scheme is followed for the fresher students.
08.INFLIBNET (N-List) facility
The e-books and e-journals are also available in the library through www.inflibnet.ac.in. the library has INFLIBNET (N-List) facility for accessing 97000+ e-books and 6000+full text e-journals and the number is increasing from time to time.
Discovery Portal The official website of DELNET-Developing Library Network is www.delnet.in DELNET networks more than 6300 libraries in India and outside the country. It provides access to more than 3.5 crore records of Books, Journal Articles, etc. A link of Delnet Discovery Portal appears on the website www.delnet.in
Regular training at frequent intervals was organized to scientists, research associates and students to train them to access the electronic information on CD ROM, OPAC and on various databases for knowing latest technology in field of information retrieval.
Library provide PG & Ph.D. teaching,trainingand User Education ProgramRegular training at frequent every year .
8.Online Doctoral Thesis Repository
Shodh Ganga : Doctoral Thesis Repository, More than > 10,000 online full text thesis are available.
Online GNPGC Theses Repository: More than > 25 online full text GNPGC thesis available from 1970.
Following Abstracting CDs ROM Database for bibliographic search were subscribed: SOIL CD, HORT CD, PI. GEN CD, and PL. Protection CD data based from 1972 to cont.
College library provide online information of elite college publications, seminar, symposia, Conference, Workshop proceedings, journals, and information of Thesis Bibliography/Theses Abstract, documents: GNPGCS Publications etc.
11.Loan Privilege/Circulation Bar-coded Circulation
Library provide Bar-coded Electronic Membership Cards and VVI cards to its readers for easy circulation and to know the borrower status.
Current Awareness and Selective Dissemination of Information Service through: Library Bulletin, Documentation List, Bibliography of college Theses, Abstract of college Theses, Current, Contents of Journals, User profile, Document profile. Cumulative Index of Journals, Abstracting Services etc.
13.Scientific Information Exchange Service
College Publications, Journal of college issues, Annual reports and other publications provide to different institution under exchange services.
14.Inter Library Loan/Resource Sharing
Inter Library Loan service from other institute to readers.
Library is equipped with latest security device.
Controlled and watched by Close Circuit Camera